The Pan American Golf Association of San Antonio was organized in 1947. In addition to promoting golf, the Pan American Golf Association of San Antonio traditionally awards scholarships to worthy students within our community. The monies for these scholarships will be deposited with the college at which the receiving students enroll and will be applied toward tuition.
To be considered for a scholarship you must:
- Be a high school graduate.
- Graduate at the upper half of your graduating class.
- Establish financial need.
- Enroll in a program which leads to the awarding of a certificate (i.e.; a vocational / Technical program, an Associate’s Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree).
- Enroll or currently enrolled in a Community College or four year College or University.
- Submit the following:
- A properly completed 2019 Scholarship application form.
- The latest transcript, including grade point average and ranking in school.
- A letter of recommendation from appropriate counselor.
- Photo of yourself (if possible).
Applications preferably accepted by mail, but are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org as well. Please submit the items listed above to the following address:
Ray Aguillon Jr.
P.A.G.A. Scholarship Committee Chairman
2300 Avenue B
San Antonio, Texas 78215
DEADLINE: MUST BE POSTMARKED BY May 1, 2019
2019 Scholarship application form.
Wanted to update you all on several important items this week:
- Due to renovations at Northern Hills, our April 28 tournament and second round of Mini-Sweeps will occur at RIVERSIDE GOLF CLUB!!!! Tee time remains the same – 8 AM.
- Again, our April 28 tournament – and second round of the Mini-Sweeps – will be at Riverside Golf Club.
- Mini-Sweeps: Because of Sunday’s unfortunate rainout, we are shifting our Mini-Sweeps to April 14 and April 28! The first round of the Mini-Sweeps will occur this Sunday (April 14) at Willow Springs. The second round will occur April 28 at Riverside. Both rounds will begin at 8 a.m. – same rules as last week apply ($40 Mini-Sweeps entry; players can make their own pairings for first round, etc.). To sign up for this Sunday’s tournament and the Mini-Sweeps, contact Robert at 210-441-0952.
- Clubhouse open today: Come by the Clubhouse tonight and support the Texas Tech Red Raiders (or Virginia Cavaliers) in the NCAA Championship game. The Clubhouse will open at 2 PM; tip-off is at 8 PM.
- Update on Cosme: This past Wednesday night, our fellow PAGA brother Cosme Barcelo was involved in a serious car accident. Cosme sustained several injuries and underwent surgeries to his arm and knee. Today, he is having another surgery to fuse the vertebrae in his spine. He is currently at University Hospital and could really use your prayers and positive vibes. As soon as we receive more information on Cosme, we will forward this to you. Again, please keep him in your prayers.
Your San Antonio PAGA Officers and Board of Directors
Epilepsy Foundation Charity Tournament
Monday May 6th, 8AM Shotgun
TPC Oaks Course
250$ per player / business sponsorships also available.
Lunch / Putting contest / Silent Auction / Raffle / Par 3 Prizes / more…
An opportunity to support a great cause and benefit you with a tax write-off. Win-win scenario.
Click for Details!